Create your own WordPress plugin with advanced custom content types
- Create powerful custom post types with custom commenting system
- Create tabs and/or accordion metaboxes to better organize your custom post type fields
- Access to more than 40 types of custom fields with more than 100 variations
- Create simple or complex calculations using 270+ MS Excel functions for your custom calculated fields
- Create conditional fields with different criteria to display or hide custom fields, custom taxonomies and relationships
- Create single and multiple value custom taxonomies
- Create and display one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many relationships with custom fields
- Create hierarchical relationships such as employee and manager
- Display your custom content type with single,archive and list views
- Create auto-complete views for your custom content type
- Create beautiful charts (column, bar, line, area, pie and organization charts) for your custom content types
- Create fully configurable advanced submit and search forms for your custom content types
- Create advanced front-end and dashboard widgets for your custom post types and content types
- Create fully customizable notifications that are sent when custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies, relationships and/or custom comment type records are added, deleted, or simply updated.
- Create custom roles and capabilities or extend built-in WordPress user role capabilities
- Create custom settings options for your plugins
- Extend your custom content type with Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, Active Directory/LDAP, MailChimp, YouTube, Advanced Rating, Advanced Calendar and Incoming Email connections
Author’s Words on the current version
Another major improvement is the introduction of EMD templating system which, we believe, will fix the issues related to the themes with unorthodox markup. If you use EMD templating system, you need to wrap your attributes, taxonomies and relationships in “emd_is_item_visible() function in a PHP code snippet. If WPAS detects this function’s usage, it auto creates customization tab in the settings. The new templating system allows users to enable, disable, or hide(from frontend only) attributes, taxonomies or relationships without modifying user’s theme template files and comes with EMD Widget area which can be used to display widgets in the generated plugin’s pages. WPAS ProDev owners can enable or disable this feature and switch back to theme based templating system.
WPAS 5.3 also auto creates some tools for administrators to improve plugin performance and provides a CSS area (Tools tab of the generated plugin’s settings) where you can write plugin specific code.The CSS code written in this area must be only applicable to and works in plugin pages. Check out eMarket Design YouTube channel for videos and more.
Ability to export and import entity configurations is another step forward to improve reusability of plugin data model. You can use this feature, if an entity is used in multiple apps. Instead recreating the same entity configuration and attributes, export entity metadata and import it to the new app, saving yourself some more time on development.
We also did some improvements in page load times by displaying app tags in view layouts on demand, included code to improve menu structure in the admin area and more. We hope that this change will help developers get better results in lower end computers or hosting environments. There are other additions, improvements and fixes as well. Please refer to the What’s new tab under Getting Started page for the complete list.
The next WPAS version will continue improving WP App Studio plugin, the platform generated code and integrating technologies which can help us make WordPress the preferred application development platform.
Happy Coding 🙂
The Plugins created using the WPAS 5.3
- Campus Directory Community
- Campus Directory Pro — fully featured campus directory solution integrating people, publications, places and courses in a very intuitive interface. Designed and developed for higher education institutions.
- WP Easy Events Community
- WP Easy Events Pro — All in one solution for event management and ticketing system to organize successful events.
- Request A Quote Community — sales quote management system for small business owners to receive quote requests from customers.
- Margarita — default WPAS plugin for FreeDev API users. It can now be downloaded from wordpress.org
Sell your WP App Studio WordPress plugin designs in SellDev Marketplace.
What separates WP App Studio from others
- Creates production ready, commercial grade WordPress plugins
- WPAS creates custom plugins that do not have any dependencies to any other plugins, frameworks, can work stand-alone or extend each other
- WPAS only loads the required libraries for a particular page. There is no mass linking. Every app view can be customized and optimized for performance.
- WPAS supports both HTML elements and advanced components from well-known open source libraries and frameworks (jQuery UI, Bootstrap etc.)
- There is a complete separation of PHP code and its design which makes WPAS plugins code agnostic
- You can purchase plugin designs and create something new or modify them to make your own
- All WPAS plugins are upgradable like any other WordPress plugin from Plugins page
- WPAS is very cost-effective. Compare it to custom site or plugin development in terms of resources used and time to market
- WPAS generated code is compliant with WordPress coding standards, well tested by thousands of users, and continuously improved
- A newbie intro to WordPress development using WP App Studio – introduction to designing your first app using WP App Studio defaults.
- A newbie intro to WordPress development using WP App Studio – Part II – Explains different components of the WPAS app based on the design in Part I
- A newbie intro to WordPress development using WP App Studio – Part III – Gives more details on WPAS apps focusing more on Bulk Import/Export/Reset functionality.
- How to add a search form to your app – gives an overview of creating search forms using WPAS.
- How to create a sidebar widget for your apps – explains different types of widgets which can created from WPAS, focusing on sidebar entity widgets.
- Using standard views for listing content – about enhancing capabilities of “Give me your quote app” we designed in our previous articles by adding a standard view which will list the bidders of in table format.
- Hotel Reservation – how to create a basic hotel reservation app
- Net Preset Value Calculator – how to calculate Net Present Value of an investment using available WP App Studio financial functions
- Mortgage Payment Calculator – an advanced Mortgage Payment Calculator using available WP App Studio financial functions
- Regression calculator – calculates slope, intercept, and correlation of a given set of data with n data points using available WP App Studio Statistical functions
- Exam Grade Calculator – a simple exam grade calculator using available WP App Studio statistical functions calculating basic descriptive statistics on submitted exam grades.
- Text functions – basic text operations using available WP App Studio Text functions. The output of these operations can be used in variety use cases including comparisons, data cleansing etc.
- Pizza Order– basic pizza order by using multiple functions. Notice that the cost changes dynamically based on the options you select.
- Conversion Calculator – conversion of a number from one measurement system to another using available WP App Studio Engineering functions. For example, miles to km or gram to pound etc.
- Trigonometry Calculators – mathematical calculations using available WP App Studio Math and trigonometry functions.
- Introduction to Calculated Attributes
- Calculated Attribute Functions – index of WPAS function names, parameters, and brief descriptions
- Formatting Date and Time – WPAS tag functions for displaying date and time information in your view layouts
- Using Analytics module – allows filtering entity attributes, taxonomies and relationships to calculate statistics and displaying the result in any page using a shortcode.
WP App Studio uses following terminology to describe design concepts:
Entity = Custom Post Type
Attribute = Custom Field
Taxonomy = Custom Taxonomy
App = Plugin
App Signature = Design of your plugin exported to a flat file having .wpas extension
ProDev = Commercial tier for plugin development with full functionality.
FreeDev = Free tier for plugin development with limited functionality.
WP App Studio Knowledge Center
WP App Studio Knowledge Center powered by Knowledge Center Enterprise Plugin
WP App Studio designed and developed Premium plugins
WP App Studio Based Premium WordPress Plugin Store
WP App Studio designed and developed Free plugins
WP App Studio Based Free WordPress Plugins
WP App Studio Plugin Designs
Use WP App Studio plugin designs as a template
*To customize the functionality of their corresponding plugins
*To create your own plugin